need basic help with BASH/emacs word editing commands

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
miki65

need basic help with BASH/emacs word editing commands

Post by miki65 »

My reference says that Alt-t transposes words, Alt-u uppercases the current word, Alt-l lowercases the current word, and Alt-c capitalizes the first character of the current word. In reality, it's Esc-u, Esc-l and Esc-c that do the latter three things in my Mint 13 Cinnamon, while Alt-t just opens a dropdown Terminal menu and Esc-t does nothing at all I can see. Can someone explain this difference from standard Linux and tell me what the correct word transposition command is?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
w201

Re: need basic help with BASH/emacs word editing commands

Post by w201 »

I don't know why cinnamon is behaving that way for you, but I'm running mate and all the commands for me work exactly as stated in the reference manual.
miki65

Post by miki65 »

w201 wrote:I don't know why cinnamon is behaving that way for you, but I'm running mate and all the commands for me work exactly as stated in the reference manual.
Okay, this will probably seem like the stupidest question of the decade, but can I have a link to the Linut Mint 13 reference manual--not the handbook you can link to from the desktop as soon as you've finished installing LM13, but the actual reference manual that covers everything? I've had the devil of a time finding such a reference manual and have to study a Slackware manual instead.
w201

Post by w201 »

I know it's been a while since I commented on this thread and you've probably already figured it out, but the reference manual I was refering to is for emacs, not linux mint. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a reference manual for linux mint :?:

Return to “Beginner Questions”