Install Ubuntuone of Mint 13 [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dcostelloe

Install Ubuntuone of Mint 13 [SOLVED]

Post by dcostelloe »

Hi,
Just updated my Mint to 13 with a fresh install, trying to get UbuntuOne to work with 13 the follwing error occurs when I try to run it.

Code: Select all

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 ubuntuone-client-gnome : Depends: libsyncdaemon-1.0-1 (>= 3.99.0-0ubuntu3) but it is not going to be installed

thanks
:shock:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Install Ubuntuone of Mint 13

Post by bigj231 »

You will need to install the packages it lists as dependencies. In the example you listed, you need to install libsyncdaemon-1.0-1. Just install all the dependencies along with Ubuntuone and you should be fine. I would use synaptic and install the packages from there.
Don't forget to mark the thread [SOLVED] if this fixes your issue.
dcostelloe

Post by dcostelloe »

Hi,
I installed the libsyncdaemon-1.0-1. and UbuntuOne using synaptic and this is the result. This occured when the libsyncdaemon-1.0-1 was installed which was not part of the initial dependencies in the synaptic manager. I tried using Fix broken packages with no luck

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies

Seems there is a conflict libsyncdaemon-1.0-1 and libubuntuoneui-3.0-1 for additional UbuntuOne Dependencies
with gir1.2-ubuntuoneui-3.0:
Depends: libubuntuoneui-3.0-1 but it is not going to be installed

Still no luck I see the UbuntuOne Installer but nothing hasppens when executed.

Thanks
David
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

Did you try

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install -f
I haven't had good luck with synaptic fixing broken packages. If you know all the packages you need, I would recommend installing them using apt-get as well.
If you have a backup, you could revert back to that backup, but if you don't I would recommend removing then installing all the packages you installed.
dcostelloe

Re: Install Ubuntuone of Mint 13 [SOLVED]

Post by dcostelloe »

Hi,
Fixed the problem by doing a fresh install of Mint 13. In the software manager I only selected the package ubuntuone-client-gnome. Once installed I then used the Ubuntu One installer and the installer fixed all the issues. Happy now working as expected.

Thanks
:mrgreen:
donmatas

Re: Install Ubuntuone of Mint 13 [SOLVED]

Post by donmatas »

dcostelloe wrote:Hi,
Fixed the problem by doing a fresh install of Mint 13. In the software manager I only selected the package ubuntuone-client-gnome. Once installed I then used the Ubuntu One installer and the installer fixed all the issues. Happy now working as expected.

Thanks
:mrgreen:
Excellent!!!

Return to “Software & Applications”