[Solved] Change of windows layout settings

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Miloose

[Solved] Change of windows layout settings

Post by Miloose »

Hi,

Since today, my windows appearance is modified. I was playing TecnoballZ, this one crashed, and since then my desktop is, heuu, let's say old fashioned (see attached figure).

Can anyone know how I can solve this and come back to the normal MATE appearance ?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
erre

Re: Change of windows layout settings

Post by erre »

You could try changing the GTK+ theme you are using, it probably just changed to a different one.
Miloose

Re: Change of windows layout settings

Post by Miloose »

Thanks for your reply, but I already had tried that. I finally found the reason...
When TecnoballZ crashed, the screen resolution was something like 640x480. I changed it back to the normal value (I first made a mistake choosing 1600x1200 instead of 1600x1050), and then I had the strange screen as above.

I just saw that I had a file monitor.xml created in folder .config. Deleting this file solved the problem.

Now, I can reproduce it. If I change the resolution to 1600x1200 in the screen configuration, I have the problem back. What's funny is that I cannot change the resolution back to 1600x1050...

But OK, now my problem is solved, that's the more important for me.

Return to “LMDE Archive”