Icedove Inbox full

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dav

Icedove Inbox full

Post by dav »

Hi everyone,

Since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when I try to retrieve mails using Icedove 10.0.5!
The folder Inbox is full, and can't hold any more messages. To make room for more messages, delete any old or unwanted mail and compact the folder.
Can't seem to find solutions on the internet... Any help?

Thank you!

P.S.: OS is LMDE 64 bits (ext4, plenty of space available on HDD).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Icedove Inbox full

Post by bigj231 »

Did you try deleting some of the old messages? If you use IMAP (which I believe is the default), the messages are still on the server and will need to be removed to empty your inbox. There also might be a setting to allow more disk space for messages. Look in the preferences menu. You can also look on the mozilla forums to see if it is a known bug. If it isn't you might try creating a bug report there.
dav

Post by dav »

I'd really like to keep all of my mails... I don't think there are too many of them: 46152 as I write this post. It should be possible I guess...
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

dav wrote:I'd really like to keep all of my mails... I don't think there are too many of them: 46152 as I write this post. It should be possible I guess...

:shock: I would definitely try removing some e-mails. My ISP won't let me have more than 9999 on their server (not my account but same ISP)
If you really want to keep them all, ask if it's possible to change stuff over at the mozilla forums. They will know more about the settings and configurations than I do.
dav

Post by dav »

Just archived two years of mails, compacted Inbox folder and now, everything seems to be back to normal. I can receive all my mails...
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

Glad you got it fixed. Could you change the title to include [SOLVED] ?

Return to “LMDE Archive”