Mint 14

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Curtrey

Mint 14

Post by Curtrey »

Downloaded and installed today. But can not get it to boot.
It freezes up at the following:-

(4.8049171) init: ureadahead main process (495) terminated with status 5.

Now what ever that means to developers/software engineers etc it means to me yet another DVD for the rubbish.
Can anything be done to rectify?

love Curtrey
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Mint 14

Post by remoulder »

Mint 14 is not yet released, post problems with RC as requested at http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2205
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
keghn
Level 2
Level 2

Post by keghn »

Hello.
Did you use windows to install or live dvd, or usb to install?
Curtrey

Post by Curtrey »

I installed (or tried) from DVDs after downloading from 3 separate ISPs by torrent and mirror
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

remoulder wrote:Mint 14 is not yet released, post problems with RC as requested at http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2205
Am I the only one who don't understand why Mint 14 issues can't be discussed on the Mint forum? Seems very unhelpful and odd you keep sending frustrated users to a one mile long release comment page as if it wasn't much easier to ask and get help in here. If it's a principle decided upon in a closed meeting that help with an official Mint release candidate cannot be requested on the Mint Forum (!?) - then that principle is wide open for daftness inspection.
galt

Post by galt »

2 bimsebasse: totally agree!

I've very similar problem and nobody can take any advice just told about "it's not released, pls discuss there". It is better to keep silent when have nothing to say for case.
Anyway, i'm reading forum and comments on main page, and quite by chance stumbled on this:

.iso Nadia Cinnamon Edition i386 (build #20121115-2157)
Failed cases:
Test case Reports
#060: Intel chipset

i think we have to wait until this case will be closed. And hoped on Clem.

http://community.linuxmint.com/iso/view/157
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

bimsebasse wrote:why Mint 14 issues can't be discussed on the Mint forum
Firstly because Clem has specifically requested use of the blog page.

Secondly because users requesting help mostly aren't interested are aware that it isn't a finished release and are just overeager to have the latest version but want help working around a particular issue; by discussing that here you are pandering to the must have latest version brigade and more importantly overlooking that the issue 'may' actually be one that needs to be addressed for the release and the benefit of everyone not just the one asking. In addition and equally importantly, as it is unfinished software, things could change before the release so discussing workarounds and solutions at this stage is rather silly.

What this forums really needs imo is a specific board where pre-releases can be discussed.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Installation & Boot”