Installing Applications

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Installing Applications

Postby daveit1000 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 pm

So I have downloaded the gcc-4.6.3-12_i386.deb and i want to install on an computer with no internet access but it needs a crap lot of dependency's and it would be very time consuming to go and find all of these dependency's so i wanted to ask is there is a way to make a list of these dependency's with like a text editor,or an automated process and upload it to a site or somewhere and it searches for the .deb files and let's you download it
daveit1000
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Installing Applications

Postby Pilosopong Tasyo on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

If you installed gcc-4.6.3-12_i386.deb on the source computer, it should pull down the other dependencies from the repos and store them in the apt cache. You can then use AptOnCD to create an .iso file containing the .deb files downloaded by the source computer. Use the same tool on the target computer to reverse the process. Once the apt cache has been populated, you can install without downloading.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Software & Applications