Buggy themes help

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Incentive I.C

Buggy themes help

Post by Incentive I.C »

Good day .So i was downloading a few themes for Linux mint 13 today and i have a few questions about it . It seems most themes come in a zip. When i open the.zip i usually get a single folder that i install to the correct place,easy enough but what do i do about the themes that do not have that little folder but the files that come in the folder. Another thing with themes is they seem to be a bit buggy.... I installed a theme and had a problem with menus coming up and when i scroll up to it it disappears. putting a new different theme in didn't work so i had to manual go in the folder and delete the theme. Another theme messed up the whole entire cinnamon settings menu! I hadn't even set the theme and it still messed up and once again had to manual get rid of that theme file. My question is why are themes bugging up my computer when i do not even have them set. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Even on windows when a theme was buggy or did not work it did not mess the system up instill i set it and if it doesn't work it always converts to windows basic or classic and i am able to turn Areo back on the personalize window.
I also seems themes are now being made for cinnamon 1.6. Does that mean it is stable and recommended for me to download. ( I remember that on a Linux mint website that was taking about 1.6 it was recommend that i do not switch to it yet.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: Buggy themes help

Post by bimsebasse »

What themes are you trying out? Are you trying Cinnamon 1.6 themes in Cinnamon 1.4?

Very little buggy behaviour is caused by themes. The only one I encounter often is themes with text-shadow in the cinnamon menu which causes annoying lag. A theme shouldn't be able to mess up Cinnamon Settings. Try and post screenshots of what you're seeing.
Incentive I.C

Re: Buggy themes help

Post by Incentive I.C »

bimsebasse wrote:What themes are you trying out? Are you trying Cinnamon 1.6 themes in Cinnamon 1.4?

Very little buggy behaviour is caused by themes. The only one I encounter often is themes with text-shadow in the cinnamon menu which causes annoying lag. A theme shouldn't be able to mess up Cinnamon Settings. Try and post screenshots of what you're seeing.
Hi bimsebasse I do not know if you will read this but the buggy problems seems to have gone away with an update to Cinnamon 1.6. Still I will post here next time I have a bug problem. I do have one right now actually but i will take a snapshot of it red handed when I see it! (Its not bad thought just the Update manger icon turns into a white square or the icon just doesn't update)
Intill then Cheers

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”