face not appearing in login, Cinnamon 1.6

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iamjerico

face not appearing in login, Cinnamon 1.6

Post by iamjerico »

Hi all,

Running Mint 14/Cinnamon 1.6, and selected "Arc-Brave-Userlist" in mdmsetup for my login window (along with "Themed with face browser") - but my picture (~/.face) doesn't appear in the initial login window. Weidly though, the picture DOES appear on the unlock screen, as well as in my account details under Administration->User Accounts.

I tried coping my ~/.face file to /usr/share/faces as well as /usr/share/pixmaps, and tried renaming it from ".face" to my username, with and without an initial capital letter, and with/without the .PNG extension, but nothing seems to work. In Mint 13, placing the file into /usr/share/faces (as my username, with a capital first letter) worked...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Justin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: face not appearing in login, Cinnamon 1.6

Post by remoulder »

Mint 14 is not released, discussion of RC issues is requested at http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2205
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Pointedstick

Post by Pointedstick »

I had the same problem. You can get it to appear there by setting the picture in the "User Accounts" program. Seems like a bug that changing or setting it in one place doesn't make it get picked up everywhere.
iamjerico

Post by iamjerico »

Thanks for the advice!

I'll keep future posts about the RC on the blog...

Return to “Cinnamon”