Will Linux Mint 13 run on Toshiba Satellite A665-S6050

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
meylis

Will Linux Mint 13 run on Toshiba Satellite A665-S6050

Post by meylis »

Hello Linux users!
I've been using windows all my life and ,now, I decided to switch to Linux 13 Maya. I've been making research about it in recent days and have to say I'm falling in love with it. To be honest, I've always been skeptical about Linux every time one talked about it, but now I realize how blind I've been all these years. I'm glad I've found my dream OS. I use Toshiba Satellite A665-S6050 and I'm bit worried about drivers support. Can anybody tell me if Mint is going to run smoothly on it. The thing is I live in a country where there is no high speed internet ( it's still a dial-up internet 56kb/s). So I asked my sister who lives in London to get the iso file to the DVD and ship it to me. Is mint ISO file enough or should ask her to ship additional software in case mint doesn't recognize my drivers?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Will Linux Mint 13 run on Toshiba Satellite A665-S6050

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Installation & Boot”