Mint 13 Mate not going past Automatic boot countdown

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Mint 13 Mate not going past Automatic boot countdown

Postby invisibleman on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm on laptop windows 64 bit windows home premium edition. I have plenty of space in my hd and I have a fairly good graphics card. I downloaded the MATE 64-bit An edition featuring the MATE desktop Yes 64-bit only and didn't click it. I then went to my virtual box and set it up like described on youtube and by users on the forum. After clicking past all the warnings like mentioned, I can't get past the automatic boot countdown. It just stays on the same screen after the 0 disappears. It's the black screen with the Linux Mint icon at the top. I enabled 3d acceleration. It doesn't do it with it off. My graphics card is fine. I increased the Video memory to 128mb. The storage is set to the iso file like mentioned. Base memory to 1024mb. My memory for virtualbox was set to 20 gb. I have it set to other linux as I did not see this version listed. I have no idea what I am doing wrong here or why it won't go. I waited several minutes and it did nothing. I tried clicking it and it only took over the mouse but the pointer doesn't show up. Please help. Thanks.
invisibleman
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint 13 Mate not going past Automatic boot countdown

Postby invisibleman on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Trying the 32 bit version even though I have a 64 bit laptop. Perhaps that will make it work. If have any suggestions please let me know.
invisibleman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 13 Mate not going past Automatic boot countdown

Postby invisibleman on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:41 pm

That did the trick. I feel like a newb or even a noob. Sigh but I guess I did better than could of, seeing as this is my first day/time doing it. Could of sworn I had to get the 64 bit version. Bit I guess I don't have 64 bit fully activated on the laptop? I have no idea lol. I also set it to linux 2.6. All other settings like I mentioned. I think there needs to be some directions set up and virtualbox updated :|. Maybe I'm just blind too..heh. Well thanks for reading just the same.
invisibleman
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications