[SOLVED]Asus 1225C won't boot from USB

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zayofethos

[SOLVED]Asus 1225C won't boot from USB

Post by Zayofethos »

Hi all,

I've just purchased the Asus 1225C, alas it came with no OS installed except for something called the Asus Gate Cloud, which hardly even suffices for surfing the web...

Anyhow, I have created a usb booting device with the Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon 32-bit on it, but the netbook refuses to boot from the usb. I have already gone through 2 usb sticks, and yes, the md5's were fine. Upon starting the system and hitting Esc I get taken to the boot menu, but still the machine cannot boot from the usb and always reverts to starting the Gate Cloud. I hit F2 during the start-up as well and configured the boot settings to not even take into account the SATA-drive of the netbook, but the installation menu for Mint 13 Cinnamon is still non-existant.

Any ideas?

All advice appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
usbtux

Re: Asus 1225C won't boot from USB

Post by usbtux »

In your bios disable fast boot then use bios or boot manager to choose the usb drive.
Zayofethos

Re: Asus 1225C won't boot from USB

Post by Zayofethos »

usbtux wrote:In your bios disable fast boot then use bios or boot manager to choose the usb drive.
Thanks for the advice!

I got over the problem by having a friend of mine install Windows 7 on to the Asus, and then try again with the Linux Mint USB, and this time no hassles at all.

Return to “Installation & Boot”