Just getting started with Wallpapers for Mint

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Orbmiser

Just getting started with Wallpapers for Mint

Post by Orbmiser »

Hope this is the right place to share my photography wallpaper for Mint. Am just getting started with Mint 14 "Nadia" Cinnomon. And wanting to share some of my photography with Mint users.
Bulb.jpg
Dish Lights.jpg
Drops in the Blue.jpg
Seems I can only add 3? others not showing up in posted attachments.

Sorry if not doing it right. Feel free to point out a better way to share wallpapers. Or better way to post them here.
And have more and try again later.

Hope something you like and enjoy. If not feel free to request specific subject matter as may have an Imgage for you. Just can't use an of my licensed images with Getty Stock Agency.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
homerscousin

Re: Just getting started with Mint Wallpapers

Post by homerscousin »

I enjoy photograpy myself, and this is interesting, but, where is the MINT?

I spent a bit of time looking for a great mint leaf image for a background image for my Conky. Didn't find one and probably can't use it anyway.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Didn't know it had to have Mint in it. Just trying to share some images. That may be liked by others.
Had a few selected for a couple of the different Ubuntu Distro's default wallpapers and they were just images and no logo's.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Orbmiser, I think your wallpapers look great! I saved the first one and the one with the leaf to my wallpaper collection. Amazing photography! Thank you! :D

Edit: Just set the first photo as my wallpaper, looks amazing! I do not like branded wallpapers, I like them just the way you presented them. Beautiful work! You are an awesome photographer! Thanks again! :D :) :D

Edit 2: Sent you a pm, fan mail. :) Also, no need to brand wallpapers, it would spoil the beauty of them. The only branded wallpaper in Mint these days is the default wallpaper. Others that visit here would probably enjoy these beautiful works in other distros they have installed. If someone wants to brand them they can easily do it with Gimp. I really like these wallpapers just the way they are. I am very picky when it comes to backgrounds and I wanted to use the bulb wallpaper the minute I saw it! You have an amazing talent! I hope and want to see more of your work. You are very good at creating photographic wallpapers and you just don't see such high quality work everyday. I am very impressed with your work and abilities. Thanks!

Don (exploder)
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Thinks for the Kind words and glad you like them.
But here is some more to share.
Fall Drops Ancient Light.jpg
Rainy Day Pdx.jpg
Hover Fly on the Ball Mint.jpg
Can see my works or find other images at my flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Orbmiser, I looked at 40 pages of pictures so far. :D Wow! You are awesome! Your photos make the best wallpaper I have ever used. :D :) :D Both my laptop and desktop look awesome thanks to your work!
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Thanks still tweaking setup and getting need software installed. Learning Darktable for Image editing.
About 90% there with themes,software and fine tuning and all.
Imported Images and My music and Banshee seem pretty good for it.

Hope Linux keeps me working if not back to booting up Win7

Linux Mint 14 Nadia Dual Monitors Desktop Nov. 17th by Orbmiser, on Flickr

Seems using BBcode from flickr works and links to the image.
Will have to check if that is a violation? of this forum?
Last edited by Orbmiser on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Nice setup! I have Mint 14 Cinnamon x64 on my desktop and Mint 14 Mate x64 on my laptop. Compositing and my laptop's ATI graphics just did not get along... Spent the day fine tuning the laptop. :D
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Orbmiser wrote:Seems using BBcode from flickr works and links to the image.
Will have to check if that is a violation? of this forum?
not at all, please do so :D helps to ease the server load and makes our users browsing (specially the ones with slower internet) better.
if not using flickr you can still post direct links and use the rimg tag codes.

now enough of technicalities :lol:
i agree 1000% with exploder: your pictures are awesome :D
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Great job, Orbmiser! I love the leaf picture. It's in my wallpaper rotation.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Well since the Wallpapers are 1680x1050 and eat up bandwith so hosting them on photobucket.
But too limited there at 1024x 768 max size for free account.

So looks like to load them directly here as don't know any other option at the moment.
Here's 3 more for your consideration for your Desktop.
Lion Rest B&W.jpg
Fusion Spark.jpg
Breaking Free.jpg
Enjoy hope you like them.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

and last one.
849.jpg
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

They look pretty nice. Have you considered using Dropbox? There's a free account that doesn't seem to have limitations on file types or individual file sizes and you can put them in the Public area of your Dropbox and share them without problem. That's how I share my customized Fortunes list via my blog, and all I have to do to update it is save the update locally and it gets moved up to the server without my doing anything. With your images you'll need to go to the site to get the specific download link for each image but otherwise I don't see you having any problems sharing wallpapers.
Orbmiser

Re: Just getting started with Wallpapers for Mint

Post by Orbmiser »

Naw Nixnote is too much a resource hog and thinking of giving up on Evernote for linux. Tho run it on my windows 7 side and on my Android tablet. Just means more work doing the dropbox method.

Just will use here as makes it easy for the user to left click image and right click set as wallpaper from firefox to try them out.
Just switched to 849 for a darker Grunge Feel to my desktop.

Thanks for the suggestions tho. As was worried about involvement of other members bothering to respond. As overall the forum is kind of dead with no vibrant activity which surprises me of such an outstanding distro.

Maybe it has to do with minimal amount of issues and problems in Mint ? Which is a Good Thing! 8)
But there are High view counts in threads with little interaction which worries me for people that do need help.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

The "Drops In The Blue" wallpaper was the icing on the cake for the Fedora Gnome Shell install on my laptop! (had massive graphics card issues on the laptop with Mint....) I of course have Mint 14 Cinnamon on my main desktop with NVidea graphics. :D I struggled a little getting the theme just right on Fedora and I had the "Drops In The Blue" wallpaper in mind when I was working on the look. The wallpaper made everything come together just right. :D
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

exploder wrote:The "Drops In The Blue" wallpaper was the icing on the cake for the Fedora Gnome Shell install on my laptop! (had massive graphics card issues on the laptop with Mint....) I of course have Mint 14 Cinnamon on my main desktop with NVidea graphics. :D I struggled a little getting the theme just right on Fedora and I had the "Drops In The Blue" wallpaper in mind when I was working on the look. The wallpaper made everything come together just right. :D
Yep too bad wasn't thinking when shooting it for wallpaper. As was shooting it for Getty Stock agency. And I could have gave it a bit more breathing space at the bottom and right side of composition for desktop space.

Free for personal use wallpaper but unfortunately rights reserved by Getty for other uses like including in distro's. As was wanted by Ubuntu in one of their distro's and had to decline due to licensing restrictions. But they selected a couple of others of mine to include in default wallpapers on Ubuntu.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/04/15-n ... oad-inside had two selected included which one is in batch from above. and one I believe in 10.04 haven't included here. And couple more in another distro I forget which one.

And no programmer or advanced linux user. But try to help answering questions and donating my photography to the community.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I do not re-distribute, only personal use. I have seen some of the shots included in Ubuntu, nice! Now I know who made the good ones. :D
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

exploder wrote:I do not re-distribute, only personal use. I have seen some of the shots included in Ubuntu, nice! Now I know who made the good ones. :D
Thanks and yep always tweaking my desktop and using one above at the moment on my dual screen setup.

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

The dark theme really looks good with your setup. Very sharp! :D
veggen

Post by veggen »

Wow, awesome shots!
But... am I doing something wrong or are all the photos kind of small? Is the size I see in the post the biggest?

Return to “Your Artwork”