Metro UI in Mint?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
miropiro

Metro UI in Mint?

Post by miropiro »

Hello to all, during this weekend I installed Linux Mint 13 Maya. I already used Ubuntu 12.04, but I was a bit unhappy about the Unity interface and the GNOME-pack seems to be not compiled very well. But, I was quite curious, if it is possible to get on my Mint theme like Windows Metro UI. I know that you will tell me that I am a bit crazy, but I would like to test the Metro UI on Mint. It seems that according to this manual http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=145585 it should be only about following the steps, however it seems that it does not fit with Mint. In the end I added the conky to run after login, however after some time this apllet disappears and I do not know how to see it again. And what is more, it does not show running programs so it looks that for Mint the Conky is not written?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
axel668

Re: Metro UI in Mint?

Post by axel668 »

It's a conky config, so you have to install conky of course (and run it, or add it to autostart)
Goro Daimon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Goro Daimon »

Cool! Now mint has Metro UI.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Not really, you can't click on things in conky or do anything with the tiles. You have a conky that looks like a screenshot of Metro, is all - not a UI.
miropiro

Post by miropiro »

bimsebasse wrote:Not really, you can't click on things in conky or do anything with the tiles. You have a conky that looks like a screenshot of Metro, is all - not a UI.
Exactly. At first I thought that it is only some mistake and I forgot to install something, but as I see, I spent my time useless, as conky is not usable.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”