Processor: 4 x AMDFX-4100 Quad core.
Video: GeForce GT430/PCIe/SSE2
Monitor: LG Electronics 23"
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz
Downloaded LinuxMint v14 x64 yesterday. Running from LiveCD worked perfectly, so installed to HD and experienced problems.
(1) Would not boot to display. That is, the boot process appeared to complete but there was no display on the monitor. The monitor power light flashed intermittently but that was all.
(2) Booted in Safe Mode. Chose first option (default boot) and was presented with an ugly display!
(3) Went to Display Monitor options and found that the only choices I had were 1024 x 768 (which was highlighted) and 800 x 600 and the the word Laptop was displayed.
(4) Clicked on Detect Display but nothing happened.
(5) Elected to install the 104 updates which were waiting, hoping that would make a difference. It didn't.
I seek the help of the combined wisdom of members to get me out of this problem.
Regards from New Zealand.
Too right To take a series of snapshots I use Agilia, where the window remains open, and where snapshot can be fine tuned with date, time and title, also Agilia for good memory management. In Chakra: Calligra Words for word processing & Krita for images, and also to run Wine. In Mint: the Gimp for images, VLC media player, Yahoo news with iffy scripts under Firefox, Skype, Transmission for Torrents, and Brasero for burning, to name but a few.mongoose961 wrote:Isn't it one of the reasons why we use Linux anyway? We are given the freedom to change at will and try different distros until we find one that fits our needs.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests