Nadia File Browser - Preferences not getting saved

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Nadia File Browser - Preferences not getting saved

Postby luttappi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:23 am

I started using Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) recently, and kind of like it better for the Gnome experience its gives using Cinnamon DE.

My question is, the file browser (NEMO 1.1.1) fails the save the defaults - the way I want it to display the folders and stuff. For example, I would like to have the folders listed in the 'List' form instead of the icon format, and would also like to have the "Location Entry" as default, instead of the bread crumbs model address bar in the file browser.

I tried updating the preferences using the Edit > Preferences tool, however the updates are not stored, or getting reflected. I tried restarting Cinnamon, no effect.

Also, I see that there is a toggle button to toggle between the bread crumbs mode and full address typing mode for the address bar, however I couldn't find a place which lets me select which one I need by default.

Please suggest where I need to edit so that these settings can be saved permanently.
luttappi
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Nadia File Browser - Preferences not getting saved

Postby remoulder on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:04 pm

See answer to other post.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Return to Newbie Questions