Mint 14 Cinnamon - 99 updates 1 day after release!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kpurben

Mint 14 Cinnamon - 99 updates 1 day after release!

Post by kpurben »

I'm not complaining - just curious how come there are 99 updates (175MB) only one day after release?

BTW - installation on my old Dell D830 went flawlessly and everything looks great :)

I installed it over Windows 8 which made the experience even more pleasurable ...

Kevin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Mint 14 Cinnamon - 99 updates 1 day after release!

Post by nomko »

Mint 14 is a Release Candidate. Meaning it is still under development but stable enough to have it released as a pre-release version. While it is still under development, every bug found by the development team will get a fix and this fix will be released as an update. Untill 99% of all bugs are cleared Mint 14 will be released as an official edition.

Shortly, you are running a testversion and with this you may get a lot of updates/patches/bugfixes.
kpurben

Post by kpurben »

Um - I think this is the final release! Correct me if I'm wrong!
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

nomko wrote:Mint 14 is a Release Candidate
Err, actually nomko it's been released!. Keep up at the back there :D

@kpurben, mint 14 is based on ubuntu and as the released .iso was probably built some days ago it is quite possible that many updates may have been issued (by ubuntu) in the meantime.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
kpurben

Re: Mint 14 Cinnamon - 99 updates 1 day after release! [SOLV

Post by kpurben »

Thanks - I suppose you're right - the Ubuntu base on which the distribution release was built must be a little bit out of date.

I have installed the latest Virtualbox from the deb file (the repo version is old) and installed XP in Virtualbox (to run some essential Windows software) - not a glitch - this is looking great so far. :D
nomko

Post by nomko »

actually it's been released!. Keep up at the back there :D
You're rigth! I thougth it was still a RC edition :mrgreen:

Return to “Installation & Boot”