Uploading Avatar Pics

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EmpireITtech

Uploading Avatar Pics

Post by EmpireITtech »

This might be simple and I'm just missing it, but how do you upload a local picture for your profile to use as your avatar?
I see the URL link and the "Flags", but no where to upload pictures I have here on my box...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Uploading Avatar Pics

Post by remoulder »

Link off-site:
Enter the URL of the location containing the avatar image you wish to link to
Read the first line, you need to link to an image somewhere else.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
EmpireITtech

Post by EmpireITtech »

Yea I understand I can do that, but I was wondering if you could upload images you had on your local HDD...not ones linked from the web or URL.
Mainly bc I make and edit my own images so...anywawy, thanks
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

EmpireITtech wrote:if you could upload images you had on your local HDD
You can upload any pics you want from your drive, but you need to upload them to some image hosting site.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
EmpireITtech

Post by EmpireITtech »

remoulder wrote:You can upload any pics you want from your drive, but you need to upload them to some image hosting site.
Gotcha, thanks for the help buddy, new to Linux and Mint...and these forums :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”