Cups 1.6

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
4lynne

Cups 1.6

Post by 4lynne »

Question about printer . . I have a HP M1522nf MFP and Ubuntu has messed up their CUPS 1.6 there is a big gap jumps from HP1300 to HP2000 and they made some kinda file to either assist or replace HPLIP ( versions 11.10 to 12.10 ) And when you go to download the file from HP to make the printer work you get a page which says "HP NO LONGER SUPPORTS UBUNTU" , , Did you do the same thing with Mint ? . . When I ask about the bug I got back a answer saying they will not fix it . . So I am stuck with 11.04 as I get printer disconnected or not pugged in if I upgrade to 11.10 or beyond been there 3 times and 3 times I have started over wiped drive and put 10.10 in then up graded to 11.04 . .
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
4lynne

Re: hp scanner is not recognize by xsane SOLVED

Post by 4lynne »

I had same with my printer in Ubuntu seems the HPLIP file someone made for Ubuntu 11.10 must be in Mint also I have a HP m 1522nf MFP and I had to go back to Ubuntu 11.04 to get my Printer and Scanner working . . . Also CUPS 1.6 has left out any HP Printer between HP 1300 and HP 2000 I spent a lot of time going through CUPS 1.6 and it jumped from HP 1300 to HP 2000 printer . . I am stuck back here at Ubuntu 11.04 . . I ask about the problem and got back we are NOT going to fix the problem in the Ubuntu Forum . .
I am waiting for an answer from this forum as to if they did the same as Ubuntu with the CUPS 1.6 and the HPLIP file
I have Linux Mint 13 downloaded an burnt to a DVD and will soon see it if will load my printer and run it and the Xsane and see if it will scan If not I also have Suse downloaded and will check it out
Last edited by xenopeek on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Same subject so moved here from http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=115872.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Cups 1.6

Post by xenopeek »

Please don't ask the same question at multiple places on the forum. And kindly suggest (as your first post here) to create a new topic when you have a problem, instead of adding a post to another topic that is already marked as solved.

Linux Mint 13 is based on Ubuntu 12.04, and uses printer and scanners packages as available in the Ubuntu repositories.
4lynne

Re: Cups 1.6

Post by 4lynne »

Okay will do that . .

Return to “Printers & Scanners”