Cinnamon Calendar integration

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shingetsu

Cinnamon Calendar integration

Post by shingetsu »

Hello all, after going through many *nix environments, wound up with mint (and very happy with the Cinnamon desktop. Have a fedora too, but mint is my day-to-day).

I'm severely missing the old mint12 feature of calendar integration...
I have thunderbird with lightning (and google calendar) set up, however I can't find any way to integrate it to the existing "clock calendar".

Am I missing something obvious? Or do I literally have to (somehow) disable the clock and install a special panel applet?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: Cinnamon Calendar integration

Post by bimsebasse »

Nope, for some reason calendar integration wasn't brought over from Gnome Shell, maybe it wasn't easy to do.
shingetsu

Post by shingetsu »

Weird. Is it possible to remove that applet (and/or replace it by a new one that does?)

If push comes to shove I could make it myself (if I take the time to read how lightning works and gnome shell works T_T) : I happen to be a student programmer, though I prefer java/c# x)
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

That would be awesome, maybe the easiest solution is to simply port Gnome Shell's calendar.
bowens44

Post by bowens44 »

I've been wondering about this too. Unfortunately, not having this capiblity makes cinnamon unsable for me. I have too many devices , at too many locations that need to stay synced to not have this feature. Was hoping to see it in later versions but so far no luck.
geoffm

Post by geoffm »

*bump*
Would really appreciate a way to sync this.
I think in gnome 3.0 it was be possible to integrate it by syncing calendar to evolution and running evolution in background. Maybe it is still possible?
The downside. of course, you need to install and run evolution. :x
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Some sort of calendar integration is in the works for Cinnamon 1.8 (currently 1.6)

Return to “Beginner Questions”