Mint 14 blinking cursor on boot

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kaliguy42

Mint 14 blinking cursor on boot

Post by kaliguy42 »

I installed mint 14 final and when I boot up all i get is a black screen and blinking cursor.This is the same problem as when I installed the rc of Mint 14.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
keghn
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint 14 blinking cursor on boot

Post by keghn »

Hello.

Hit the keys cntl+alt+f8
If that did not work
try starting your x server with this command:

sudo mdm

or:

sudo restart mdm

or:

sudo service mdm start

mdm work for me and I am using Mate, may be it will work with cinnoman.

"X server" is color graphics interface.
kaliguy42

Post by kaliguy42 »

Yea none of that works,I also had the same problem with the final mint 14 and the current ubuntu.I guess I'll wait for Mint 15. :lol:
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

Similar issue. Installed mInt 14, rebooted, updated, installed some apps, etc, booted back into windows to play a couple games, went to boot back into mint the next day, and all I get is the blinking cursor. Never had this prob before, and rather stumped. Already re-installed and did the same, only for the same thing to happen. My mint install is useless/inaccessible. Most displeased. Windows was meant to be my fallback, not my main OS, but this gives me little choice. :/
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
kaliguy42

Post by kaliguy42 »

I installed Mint 14 mate 64 bit and now for some reason it works fine.Maybe they fixed the iso?

Return to “Installation & Boot”