Mint 13 installation failure [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
slaughter586

Re: Mint 13 installation failure [SOLVED]

Post by slaughter586 »

My cursor spins forever after clicking install mint
Matt267
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Matt267 »

slaughter586,

If removing the slideshow didn't solve your problem, then I would recommend starting a new topic. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.

Good luck,

Matt
robvnl

Post by robvnl »

I had the I/O error too during install of Mint 13 MATE 32 bits while copying files.
Mat: thanks! uninstalling ubiquity-slideshow-mint" from the software manager while running from the liveDVD and then install worked for me at my Thinkpad T60.
rhawkins

Post by rhawkins »

I can confirm that this bug (and the associated fix) are still affecting Mint 14 (32-bit Cinnamon -- haven't tried others yet). Not too surprising since this is an upstream bug that appeared in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and was apparently not fixed for Ubuntu 12.10. I think it only affects a fairly small fraction of users (seems to be hardware related somehow) and might even be upstream of Ubuntu. The bug was actually reported well before 12.04 shipped.
baloc1

Post by baloc1 »

I hate to say this but , this install problem is not Solved , there is clearly a problem with the mint installer , Not only myself but, many many people using a wide rang of boxes are still having this problem. I removed the slide show on the Live DVD and the Live USB . For me , I ran the command to remove slide show on the USB live .and after it did not work I could not reboot , had to reburn the iso to the USB drive. the only version of mint that I was able to install was 9. I had been running Ubuntu 12.4 for a very long time and it was starting to really slow down so I backed up my files and reformated my HDD and tried to install mint again and no luck . Now comes the part that freaked me out , When I went to reinstall Ubuntu , I ran into the same problem . I ended up having to dual boot a Xp Hdd using wubi . now I am back to having sound problems with Ubuntu like I did when I first installed it . I hate dual booting .
Right now I am running LM 13 Live USB .The removal of Ubiquity Slide show may have worked for a few people but , there is still a major problem and knowone seems to be addressing it .
Toshiba Satellite L 305 S5891
Proc Intel T3200
Intel GM45 Express Chipset x86/MMX/SSE2
Intel HD embedded sound
3gigs RAM
I have beem sitting here all day reading post after post about this problem , The people in the Mint IRC although helpful, they are clueless as to what this causing this .

Return to “Installation & Boot”