Minor UI issues Netbeans and maximised Nemo window search

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Minor UI issues Netbeans and maximised Nemo window search

Postby thepreacher on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:18 am

First off, congratulations to Clem and the team for a truly amazing release. I am a self confessed distro whore (sorry can't help it, i've tried) but I must say that for me my tag for linux mint is "just install and use". Well done. Ok on to my post.

I noticed that in Netbeans 7.3 beta (haven't checked with any other version) when a menu item is enabled a tick is placed against it alright but then the font colour turns white, so with an already white menu list background, it impossible to see the enabled item until you place the cursor over it. It there anyway to change the font colour of the enabled menu item?

Secondly, when one maximises the Nemo window and starts typing a search item, the small box that opens at the bottom right of the screen, gets partly hidden beneath the panel at the bottom and as such its difficult to see the characters one has already typed. What can I do about this?

cheers all.

PS: I am refering to Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon 1.6
thepreacher
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions