Banshee GUI is gone (grey)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
apfel

Banshee GUI is gone (grey)

Post by apfel »

Hello,
I'm using a standard installation of Linux Mint Maya on my PC and I used to like the benefits of the music program Banshee. But now after having started Banshee and minimizing it while listening to internet radio via stream the GUI disappears (screenshot). However the music keeps playing. -> Banshee is still working but i cannot use the mouse to access the program.

I hope somebody can help
Greetings
apfel

P.S. Nevermind the wrong title of Rihanna's diamonds...

EDIT: after some time in the foreground the GUI appeared again! But still it shouldn't have disappeared in the first place.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Banshee GUI is gone (grey)

Post by remoulder »

If it's minimized then you won't see the gui, that's what minimized means. If you mean there isn't a entry on the panel then minimize to tray may be set in Banshee's option, otherwise you need to to tell us what desktop you have. Also try clicking on the speaker icon in the try as there should be an entry for Banshee there.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
blockhead

Post by blockhead »

after you launch banshee, you should see a small icon of a musical note appear in the lower right side panel, down next to the update manager icon and the date. from there you can click on that icon and it will open a small player that you can control the volume etc.. of banshee. I hope that helps.
I too, am having a problem with Banshee. I start it and it opens and everything, but it will not function. it just does not
work. ...until, I open up another app. to play a music file, and then all of a sudden Banshee will then remember again how to play. ...weird. I am using 32bit Mint Maya cinnamon. I would have liked to move up to the latest version of this distro to katya, but I have already made some daring tweaks to this version that I don't want to have to repeat too soon all over again in another distro. I am thrilled with this linux distro esp. with my customizations, since I am very new to linux this is my first time trying it. after a lifetime with M$ windows. yesterday, I even had the nerve to crank up gparted and resized my active partition and made several new partitions.
I like banshee quite a lot, but this problem of starting it and it not playing on startup is a small but irritating problem. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please chime in. thanks.
apfel

Post by apfel »

Thank you for replies! The problem ist not having Banshee minimized. Please have a look at my screenshot. There you can see Banshee in the foreground (the panel?) but only a grey window is visible.
Greetings

P.S. I know how to open Banshee by using the "music note in the taskbar".

Return to “Software & Applications”