Mint 14 Nadia Installer hang and crash.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mdsn

Mint 14 Nadia Installer hang and crash.

Post by mdsn »

Hi. Next day after release of mint 14 i've decided to replace my older system with this one.
So i've downloaded mate 32 bit version for Nadya and created a bootable pendrive.
Iso is booting like charm, integrity test shows no missings etc. But, after doing the configuration part
in the installer- it goes to the slide show, presenting mint, when the time comes for automatic slide change
the wholle installer just dissapers, the mouse pointer becomes "buisy", and installation goes no further.
Maybe it's the language i've choose? Is this possible that for Polish language the boards (witch are translated)
are buggy, or miss linked, causing installer to crash?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: Mint 14 Nadia Installer hang and crash.

Post by caribriz »

Hi mdsn - and welcome to the Linux Mint forums :)

Some people experience similar problems with the slideshow during install.

Try installing again this way:

Boot your live usb.
Before you click "Install", open a terminal and type in
sudo apt-get remove ubiquity-slideshow-mint

When it's finished, close the terminal, then click the install icon.
The slideshow will not play during the install and hopefully it will then complete the installation.
Hope it works for you.

caribriz
mdsn

Post by mdsn »

Thank you for fast reply.

Maybe is this not the right place to ask but is there a way to lighten cinnamon a bit?
Cause I realy love it looks, but my mint maschine is an older one, mate works fine but cinnamon not :(

It's Athlon XP 2600+
2GB of ram (2x512 dual chanell Geil+1x1GB Goodram)
geforce fx5600 128 mb
MB asrock k7nf2-RAID

Can be some magic done to run it on this old crap?
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

mdsn wrote:Maybe is this not the right place to ask ....
Probably not :wink:

Have you tried Mint 14 Cinnamon as a live usb, or are you basing it on previous experience with Mint 13?
Because Nadia has a Cinnamon 2D session, that looks identical to the regular Cinnamon. Maybe it will work for you :?:

A good description here: http://www.adminreseau.fr/cinnamon-to-g ... -features/
Cinnamon 2D – a new session that can be used on computers without the graphics hardware or drivers to run the full Cinnamon session. Cinnamon 2D doesn’t use any effects but other than that, it looks just like the full Cinnamon session. Until Cinnamon 2D, the GNOME 3 classic/fallback session was used as fallback.
As you can see in my sig, my Core 2 Duo desktop with 2GB ram runs LM14 fine, but of course, everyone's experience with hardware will be different.

caribriz
mdsn

Post by mdsn »

I've installed cinnamon 1.6 for my mint 13.
3d season is just horrible half of elements are not shown.
2d season is fine in look, but is laggy and super slow, and works that way only after I turn off the nvidia 173 driver and fall back to nouveau.
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

Can only suggest trying the new LM14 Cinnamon .iso.
Other than that :? ... may have to stick with mate if you can't get good performance with Cinnamon.
Or someone else may have a suggestion ...

caribriz

Return to “Installation & Boot”