[Solved] How Can I Quickly and Easily Resize Images?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
WhatUsernameIsFree?

[Solved] How Can I Quickly and Easily Resize Images?

Post by WhatUsernameIsFree? »

Hi all,

I've posted an image in another thread but it's huge! Is there any way I can quickly and easily resize images?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: How Can I Quickly and Easily Resize Images?

Post by xenopeek »

Yes, be considerate of users on slower Internet connections. Not everybody has broadband speed.

For anybody to give you help, they would need to see the full image anyway so you should make it available somewhere (as smaller image would make text unreadable). Normally you'd upload such an image on for example http://imgbin.org and then include the download link in your post (that website gives you that link after uploading your image). Or you can include the download link in rimg tags (see the rimg button on the right of the markup buttons when you post a reply), which will include a clickable thumbnail of the image in your post. I've taken the liberty of doing that for your other post, so you can edit your first post there to see an example.

A more conservative approach is to use the terminal, as you can copy text from the terminal and include it in your post (not wasting storage or bandwidth). See your terminal's Edit menu. The same information as you displayed can also be gotten by running for example the command:

Code: Select all

sudo parted -l
And you could then include the output of that in your post, inside code tags (see the markup buttons row for that), and this would give the same information as the image.
WhatUsernameIsFree?

Re: How Can I Quickly and Easily Resize Images?

Post by WhatUsernameIsFree? »

Hi

Thank you very much. The reasons listed (and more) are the reasons that I wanted to reduce the image size. I'll make use of ImgBin.Org in future to prevent it happening again.

Return to “Open Chat”