Mint 14 Firefox Multiple Tab Close Warning

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Mint 14 Firefox Multiple Tab Close Warning

Post by 67GTA »

Using Mint 14 Cinnamon fresh install/fresh ./home. Firefox's warning when closing multiple tabs won't turn off. I have unchecked Preferences>Tabs>Warn Me When Closing Multiple Tabs. I have also renamed ./mozilla and had the same result with new profile. I have also excluded all add-ons. Just switched from Ubuntu 12.10 which didn't exhibit this bug. Does anyone else have this behavior?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mint 14 Firefox Multiple Tab Close Warning

Post by 67GTA »

Screenshots:
1.png
2.png
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Zach99

Post by Zach99 »

I got your back.

I've had this problem with just about every fresh install I've done of Linux Mint since Mint 12. Here's the solution. Open a browser window and type "about:config" in the address bar. Firefox will try to scare you away by telling you that messing around with these settings will void your warranty. Ignore it and soldier on (Warranty!? What warranty!?). You need to search for and change the following values:

browser.showQuitWarning this is set to "true." Right click and toggle it to "false"

browser.tabs.warnOnClose this is set to "true." Right click and toggle it to "false."

browswer.warnOnQuit this is set to "true." Right click and toggle it to "false."

Rest like a god! :D
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

Thank you! I would say you saved me from pulling my hair out, but I don't have any. The culprit was "browser.showQuitWarning". I had only searched about:config for "tab/close". This setting seems to be only in the Mint version of FF. I will file a bug report and point it to this post.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I created a bug report if you want to add some heat. https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1082626
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

You jump started my brain. I tracked down the root of the problem, and posted the fix in the bug report. Hopefully this can be remedied in future releases.

Return to “Software & Applications”