LM 14 Cinnamon Menu partially unresponsive

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jun-01

LM 14 Cinnamon Menu partially unresponsive

Post by Jun-01 »

Just installed Linux Mint 14 Nadia Cinnamon x64 Edition on my laptop this week. Anyone having problems with the Cinnamon Menu? It’s not working properly for me:
- Keyboard shortcut to open the menu doesn’t work, no matter to what key I map it in Cinnamon Settings
- Can’t filter apps by pointing categories with the mouse cursor, although I can still filter them typing in the menu’s search box.
- Menu itens are unresponsive to the mouse cursor (e.g item don’t get hilighted when hovering the cursor over them).

After restarting Cinnamon a couple of times after the login, the problem goes away, but it comes back after a reboot.

I noticed that in the Live CD Session and right after installing Mint 14 on my laptop, Cinnamon Menu behaves as expected. However, after installing a few apps and then rebooting the machine, the problem appeared.

I had LM 13 Cinnamon x64 previously installed on the same machine - Cinnamon 1.4 had some issues, but not related to the Cinnamon Menu. About 2 weeks ago I installed Cinnamon 1.6 from the Romeo repositories, and the bug was there already. Reverted to 1.4 because the bug was annoying, and hoping it would be corrected in LM14, but it still persists.

I already reported these issues as a bug at Linx Mint's Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1081842
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: LM 14 Cinnamon Menu partially unresponsive

Post by remoulder »

If this is already reported as a bug please do not post it again here.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
cbrace
Level 2
Level 2

Re: LM 14 Cinnamon Menu partially unresponsive

Post by cbrace »

I'm seeing this behaviour as well. Thanks for mentioning it here; just subscribed to the bug report on Launchpad.

Return to “Cinnamon”