"FAILED: Intel" on inxi -G output

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zabeel

"FAILED: Intel" on inxi -G output

Post by zabeel »

Hi,

I installed Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon on my laptop which has both ATI (Robson CE) and Intel graphics cards. When I checked the output of "inxi -G" command, it shows the following result
Graphics: Card-1: Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Robson CE [AMD Radeon HD 6300 Series]
X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) FAILED: intel Resolution: 1366x768@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Ironlake Mobile GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 9.0
Which driver does it show as failed - Intel or ATI? And what should be my next step?

Thanks in advance!
Zabeel
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: "FAILED: Intel" on inxi -G output

Post by AlbertP »

The failed text is often wrong, that's a bug in Mint 14's inxi. The GLX Renderer is more reliable, and it shows that Intel graphics is working.

To use your ATI GPU you can install the ATI/AMD graphics driver from the last tab of Software Sources, which is in the menu.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
zabeel

Post by zabeel »

Thanks Albert!

I would like to ask another question related to this. When I look into the Additional Drivers under Software Sources, I see that the open source driver for ATI was installed. I do not want to install the proprietary drivers as my card is not supported yet. I would like to know how to enable ATI as my default graphics card and use Intel only when I'm on battery.

Thanks in Advance...

Zabeel
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

It's fine to install the ATI/AMD proprietary driver on this hardware. You will need that driver anyway if you want to switch, since I don't think a laptop with 6000 series hardware has a mux for manually switching the GPUs.
With the driver installed you'll be able to configure in Catalyst Control Center which GPU you want to use.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
johnston73

Post by johnston73 »

This was great help for my NVIDIA issues, thanks!

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”