[SOLVED] Remove KDE Programs

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fallofshadows

[SOLVED] Remove KDE Programs

Post by fallofshadows »

I use Plasma desktop underneath Gnome Shell for most of what I do, but I want to get rid of all the programs I don't use, such as Ark, Dolphin, etc. How do I go about doing that? I tried "sudo apt-get remove Ark" and it said it couldn't locate the package. I've never really done any extensive uninstalling on Mint before, so this is probably just something dumb I'm missing haha.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Remove KDE Programs

Post by zerozero »

fallofshadows wrote: I've never really done any extensive uninstalling on Mint before
i would try then synaptic: type a package/library name in the search box, locate it, click on it and remove it (if additional packages/libraries are affected by that action a popup will show-up informing you of the additional removals >> check this part carefully)

anyway here i think that the issue was very simple: it's ark and not Ark (linux is case sensitive: a is not A)
fallofshadows

Re: Remove KDE Programs

Post by fallofshadows »

I was face palming so hard after reading that last post. I can't believe I forgot about case sensitivity haha. Thanks for your help! And I'll have to check out synaptic too, I don't tend to play with it much unless I need java or something.

Return to “Software & Applications”