Boot hangs

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shobo

Boot hangs

Post by shobo »

I managed to see booting in recovery mode that it hangs on scsi 4:0:0:0 >cd-rom "cdrom_name" and doesn't pass it. I have to restart the PC using the button several times before it finally gets past it. Does anybody know what causes this and how can it be fixed?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Boot hangs

Post by xenopeek »

Try disconnecting your CD/DVD drive cable, and see if it is a hardware conflict.
shobo

Post by shobo »

Thanks. This helped but not having the DVD-RAM connected isn't quite a solution. I mean what if i need to store or read something from a CD/DVD?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Well, it is to confirm or disprove it being a hardware conflict. Have you disconnected it and it then worked fine? Then there is something specific about this brand & model DVD-RAM drive and you can start looking for a solution, if anybody has found it for that specific drive. If it doesn't solve it, then the search begins anew as to what could be the cause.

Return to “Installation & Boot”