Using an SD card

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eltmusicbook

Using an SD card

Post by eltmusicbook »

Only installed Linux Mint 14 Maya last week, so I'm proud to say I'm a newbie!

I wish to use a 4GB SD card.

I have an SD slot on my PC that won't work.

I need to go ahead and buy a card read for USB, just wondered if it mattered what type/make I should buy? Does it make a difference? Will I need to install any special software or drivers?

Thanks.
Ben
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lexon

Re: Using an SD card

Post by lexon »

I use SD cards with a reader with Mint 13 and no issues. Mint tells me the SD card is connected. Shows on the desktop and I get a pop up message.
My HP/Compaq laptop with a SD reader built in does the same. No extra software needed.
Same with a desktop and one laptop that I connect an eight in one reader. I have two other types of Media that work just fine, also.
USB flash drives work just fine with Mint also.
Might help here if you tell people the specs on your PC. I never had this problem.

L
lexon

Post by lexon »

A few years ago I picked up a reader off of ebay for less than ten dollars US funds. Free shipping.

L
lexon

Post by lexon »

I just downloaded Mint 14, Gnome, Mate, 32 bit and running it as Live DVD. The laptop with built in SD reader shows the media icon right on the desktop. A pop up message is asking what application I would like to use to view the files.
Sorry, not very experienced with this. Best I can do. Stuff just seems to work for me, most of the time.

L

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”