VPN setup

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SCOMcat

VPN setup

Post by SCOMcat »

I want to use a VPN connection with my Linux Mint VMWare guest. I go to Network Connections, VPN tab. I add a connection call VPN connection 1, which I guess is the default name, and configure it.

The issue I have is I see no start, go, connect or anything else that tells the OS to begin using this VPN connection. Last used = never. How does this work? I assume I'm configured correctly but if I can't test the connection I don't know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
joepmcfarren

Re: VPN setup

Post by joepmcfarren »

Here is the make VPN step by step.
1. On the pc that is operating Windows XP, validate that the relationship to the Online is properly designed.
2. Click on Begin, and then click Management Board.
3. In Management Board, dual click Network Connections
4. Click on Build a new relationship in the Network Projects process pad
5. In the Network Connection Magician, click Next.
6. Click on Get connected to the system at my office, and then click Next.
7. Click on Exclusive Personal Network relationship, and then click Next.
8. If you are persuaded, you need to choose whether you will use a dialup relationship or if you have a devoted relationship to the Online either via Wire, DSL, T1, Satellite tv, etc. Click on Next.
9. Kind a variety name, IP or any other information you would like to appear in the Network Relationships place. You can modify this later if you want. Click on Next.
10. Kind the variety name or the Online Method (IP) deal with of the pc that you want to link to, and then click Next.
11. You may be requested if you want to use a Intelligent Cards or not.
12. You are just about done, the relax of the displays just validate your relationship, click Next.
13. Click on to choose the Add a quick way to this relationship to my desktop computer examine box if you want one, if not, then keep it uncontrolled and then click complete.
14. You are now done creating your relationship, but by standard, it may try to link. You can either try the relationship now if you know its legitimate, if not, then just near it down for now.
15. In the Network Relationships screen, right-click the new relationship and choose qualities. Let us take a look at how you can personalize this relationship before it’s used.
16. The first tab you will see if the Common Tab.
17. The next tab is the Choices Tab.
18. The next tab is the Protection Tab.
19. The next tab is the Social media Tab.
20. The Last tab is the Innovative Tab.

Return to “Networking”