Wireless connects, no internet

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
P_W

Wireless connects, no internet

Post by P_W »

Hi folks!
I've run into a stinker of a problem (for me at least).
I'm using an Acer TravelMate 2423WXMi and just upgraded to LM14 (with Cinnamon) but can no longer update, look at websites, search, download package updates etc. but I'm seeing that my wireless has connected. It's not a router issue as I'm connected to the same router via wireless on another computer and I've also tried connecting to an eduroam network I can and have in the past accessed. I've also just tested the ethernet and that gives the same results.

Diagnosis? Are there any more details I can give you? considering I can't realistically copy and paste Terminal outputs...

Will
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaverickJester

Re: Wireless connects, no internet

Post by MaverickJester »

P_W wrote:Hi folks!
I've run into a stinker of a problem (for me at least).
I'm using an Acer TravelMate 2423WXMi and just upgraded to LM14 (with Cinnamon) but can no longer update, look at websites, search, download package updates etc. but I'm seeing that my wireless has connected. It's not a router issue as I'm connected to the same router via wireless on another computer and I've also tried connecting to an eduroam network I can and have in the past accessed. I've also just tested the ethernet and that gives the same results.

Diagnosis? Are there any more details I can give you? considering I can't realistically copy and paste Terminal outputs...

Will

You mentioned upgraded. So this is not a clean install. What version were you running before you upgraded to RC 14? Have you tested to see if Internet works via Ethernet? I am wondering in networking in general is defect now or if this problem is just effecting your wireless card. Could you try the Ethernet and post your findings please? Also don't forget the previous versions. Did you check the logs after the upgrade? It may point you to the issue.
russellz
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Wireless connects, no internet

Post by russellz »

32 or 64 bit version?

Russell
Laptop: HP17bs086nf, Intel Core i5-7200U, Intel HD Graphics 620 . Mint Cinnamon 21.1
Desktop: ASUS Prime B760-plus D4 motherboard, AMD Radeon RX6500XT, Intel 12th gen i7 12 core 3500MHz, 8GB ram, 500GB Samsung SSD, Mint Cinnamon 21.1

Return to “Networking”