How do I install 14 please?.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gasman

13KDE worked fine but can`t install 14 Mate??

Post by Gasman »

Hi guys
Really liked 13 KDE (Oh why didn`t I leave well alone??) tried 14 Mate live version tonight and liked it better and thought I`d do a full install overwriting 13 but the install hangs after the "Welcome to Linux Mint" screen (where the slide show is!). Now I`ve tried two 966 mb iso downloads from two different mirror`s and both hang at the same place is there likely to be a bug/fault with the installer please, anyone else having the same probs?.
Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gasman

How do I install 14 please?.

Post by Gasman »

Hi
Is there another way of installing 14 other than clicking the `Install Linux Mint` icon on the desktop please?. It goes through the language,partition,keyboard choice but doesn`t seem to install to the drive despite many attempts? 13KDE installed fine beforehand.
Thanks
Steve
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How do I install 14 please?.

Post by Oscar799 »

Merged - same OP,same issue
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Gasman,
have you checked that the iso's md5 match?
these are the mate editions md5

Code: Select all

MATE 32-bit: 36becd1679490cae61a5643ffe5520b4
MATE 64-bit: b370ac59d1ac6362f1662cfcc22a489c
apart from that (and if the above checks ok) you can try to remove the slideshow before starting the installation

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove ubiquity-slideshow-mint
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Thanks for that zero, Ill try removing the slide show beforehand if you think that might help the install. Sorry for the double post didn`t think :oops:
Steve

Return to “Installation & Boot”