KVM disable by bios at startup, just a question . . .

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

KVM disable by bios at startup, just a question . . .

Postby daveinuk on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello Folks,

The background is I got another identical model T61 lenovo when the MB went on my other. I gained a 120gb HDD out of it and have installed mint 14 on it, so, while tweaking it I'm swapping the HDD's between the mint 12 & 14 installs. Only when I have the mint 14 HDD in do I get a message during boot, a couple of identical lines relaying something like
K.V.M disabled by (or at) bios and then the machine proceeds to boot up as normal and for all intents and purposes if I didn't see the message I wouldn't know any different.

I gather from searching it's related to virtual machines hence the VM, and it doesn't do this with the HDD with mint 12 on it. Is there anything to be bothered about or to update or is it just a result of swapping the drives over ? It's working fine and I'm exploring 14 quite happily, just thought I'd ask the question and see if there's anything that needs to be done.

Thanks

Dave
Lenovo ThinkPad T61 LM16-64 bit Intel T7500/2.2GHz/Cinammon 1.8 Intel GM965. Toshiba Satellite M70: LM16-32bit. Desktop:LM13 Maya 64 bit, on new Intel 3.2ghz proc/asus MB/8gb RAM
daveinuk
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot