Folders appearence as it was in ubuntu 11.10?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Elysium

Folders appearence as it was in ubuntu 11.10?

Post by Elysium »

I am wondering if there is a way to make my folder management look different a bit. I used ubuntu 11.10 with gnome classic for a long time and I really liked the way all the main folders were stationary on the left. If I change to "tree" view in Mint Mate, only my main folder appears as fixed. Then I have to click to open it. Is there a way to make all the other folders (documents, music, videos..etc) appear there with the bookmarks too?

That's the same in the "Places"..only the desktop folder appears and the bookmarks...but it would be great to see the other folders there too (documents, music, videos..etc)

Thanks for the help in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Folders appearence as it was in ubuntu 11.10?

Post by xenopeek »

Well, I just checked on Linux Mint 11 and the only difference is that the default folders in your home folder (Documents, Downloads, etc.) aren't bookmarked in Linux Mint 13 or 14. You can easily bookmark them yourself, by opening your home folder and dragging the folders you want bookmarked from the main window to the side bar. You can also rearrange the order of the bookmarks on your sidebar by dragging.

Return to “MATE”