Mint 14 Review LAS

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fandangio

Mint 14 Review LAS

Post by Fandangio »

There is a glowing review of Mint 14 on the LAS; http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/2787 ... as-s24e07/

Well worth a watch :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint 14 Review LAS

Post by xenopeek »

Adelante

Post by Adelante »

lol. They sure like it.
Brucey99

Post by Brucey99 »

A lot of other reviews I've seen about Linux Mint 14 are either very biased for or against it, which doesnt make a good review.

But I like these guys. They are very honest and make good justified points. They're also pretty funny :lol:
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep loved it! As never seen them before as re-entering back into linux from hiatus in 2008.
And have to admit I am just about as excited coming back being depressed by Ubuntu Unity.
And then finding Mint Cinnamon! Thanks for sharing tho 1:30am here Now All Wound Up! :shock:
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I have watched the show before, these guys are real Linux enthusiasts. You could see and hear the excitement about Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon and that was just how I was when I first tried it myself. Very nice review and they pointed out a lot of the great features in the new release. Great to see all of the hard work Clem put into the new release get some recognition. :D :) :D
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

I think this was a great review. I've gone back and watched all of the Mint reviews since 8 or something (including LMDE). I thought all of them were very interesting and good with the possible exception of the Mint 12 review (but that's 2 releases ago, so it doesn't particularly matter).

It's really interesting to compare this with their Cinnamon 1.4 review, which shows the changes and improvements from 1.4 to 1.6. I like how even after their overall negative Cinnamon 1.4 review, they were able to say a lot of good things about Mint and Cinnamon with 1.6. I think a lot of the points they brought up in this review were very interesting and very true.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”