LM14 Issues after install.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phantommaggot
Level 2
Level 2

LM14 Issues after install.

Post by phantommaggot »

Hey,
Been a while since I've needed to ask anything.

Installed 14 a couple times over the past couple days.

Once on my dads toshiba laptop, and a few times on my toshiba laptop. Dads wont register mousepad taps. Everything else seems to work. Im about to roll him back to 13.

I would like to stay with 14. I Installed MATE 64bit, However... I cant seem to do anything. I finally got it logging in normally. But once its logged in there is nothing

I have the computer icon and the home icon. (i used the same home folder form 12)
I have a grey bar where the bottom panel should be. Cant really do anything with it. if I try to add things it splits down the center and wont let me re-position anything.
I can right click and get the terminal but anything that needs my home folder wont work.
I cant mount any drives.
(this laptop has 2, I put my /home on sdb)

So, there is that. Not to mention i had to install about 5 times to even get it to work this much .

Thanks guys. I still love mint and give copies to people whenever they ask !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: LM14 Issues after install.

Post by zerozero »

phantommaggot wrote:(i used the same home folder form 12)
well this is the answer to your question: from 12 to 14 there's so many differences that reusing the same home is asking for trouble; either you go though all the config files and delete the problematic ones (difficult task) or install anew and import only what you know it's safe (browser and email client settings are safe, all the rest deal with care)

as a test you can try create a new user and see if the issues are present there (ruling out installation troubles)
phantommaggot
Level 2
Level 2

Post by phantommaggot »

Hey,
Thanks, I backed everything up and managed to loose the most important folder on my linux box. -_-

Everything is working great now except for the mousepad is still not registering double tap clicks.

Anyways, Thanks again!
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

phantommaggot wrote:the mousepad is still not registering double tap clicks
it won't be a bad idea to open a new topic with this new subject.

Return to “Installation & Boot”