Mint 14 and E-System

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
messmanager
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 14 and E-System

Post by messmanager »

Appologies if this is not the right topic page.

I've just installed the new Nadia (Mint 14) on my Laptop and all seems to be going well, so far. Far superior to any other Linux distro including standard Ubuntu and Zorin, and I've tried many.
I am hoping to upgrade to a newer HDD in the form of an SSD, in the hope of gaining a little better response and speed, but I am a little confused as to compatability. Some say my E-System 1412 runs a Sata 1 and some Sata 2. As there would be no gain at all from Sata 1 I am hoping someone may have a clue for me.
Tnx in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
messmanager
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 14 and E-System

Post by messmanager »

OK guys. Found it.
But I did have to install XP, excuse the swearing, and run Spaccy. (I'll have to wash my mouth out now for mentioning the WinGate word.)
F.Y.I. it's Sata 1. Shame but I'll just have to start savng for a newer laptop.
This one is just a hand me down so no manual with it but it runs Linux, especially Mint, like a dream.

Return to “Other topics”