gaming on linux

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kaladhar

gaming on linux

Post by kaladhar »

i'm very new to Linux. i'm running linux mint 13 Maya 64 bit edition in my rv518 laptop. it has nvidia geforce gt520m with cuda gpu. i installed playonlinux to play nfs most wanted. I'm running the game but the graphics are very bad. i'm getting the game in gray colour. i think installing the graphic card drivers could improve the game performence . i installed nvidia graphic drivers. i don't know how to use it. i installed bumblebee and tried to run the game and i'm getting the below error
-------------------------------------------------
[ 1005.603800] [ERROR]The Bumblebee daemon has not been started yet or the socket path /var/run/bumblebee.socket was incorrect.
[ 1005.603913] [ERROR]Could not connect to bumblebee daemon - is it running?
-------------------------------------------------
can u help me sorting this out?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kaladhar

Re: gaming on linux

Post by kaladhar »

can any one tell me how can i improve the game performence of nfs most wanted in linux mint. i'm using playon linux to play games in linux mint
illdubb

Re: gaming on linux

Post by illdubb »

Experiment using one of the other Nvidia drivers, and/or using Wine.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”