Unable to get Compiz to work

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mr.UNOwen
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to get Compiz to work

Post by Mr.UNOwen »

Hello,

Every time I do "Compiz --replace", I either got windows without a frame (or the ability to move the window) or I the frame shows up without the ability to interact with (after I got emerald installed). Has anyone had this problem and how do you solve it? FYI my system is a 2nd gen i3 with an nvidia 250 gtx. I've both tried tweaking ccsm and maya config (replacing marco with compiz) with no luck.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
divot66
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Unable to get Compiz to work

Post by divot66 »

From Memory but this should work: Go to Compiz Settings Manager and check under Effects, Window Decoration and Animation. Once you check Animation you wlll be prompted to check open gl composting and regex composting. Check O,K. Under Window Management check Window Rules and Move Window. Restart compiz in the terminal and you should have what you need. Don`t use emerald so not sure about that. Good luck
cos667

Post by cos667 »

Hi guys,

I have the same issue and i tried almost anything. I can not make compiz to work no mather what...
I sold my ATI HD 7870 and bought an cheap Asus GT 210 Silent last week, switched from Cinammon to MATE, tried all the tricks i could find on google and on this forum...
I would also be happy to pay if there would be support for this... I just want Wobbly Windows on my Linux Mint !!!
cos667

Post by cos667 »

Finally made it work after booting into terminal mode, crashing X several times.... finally and doing this:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-current

I found this steps on Ubuntu wiki.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”