Disable workspace switcher

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Beyond

Disable workspace switcher

Post by Beyond »

Hello,
I upgraded to gnome 3 (+ cinnamon) and now have a very irritating issue. WHen I press ctrl-alt-down/up what I believe is gnomes workspace switcher kicks in and shows all the application windows. Which would be fine, except for that I use the same shortcut to copy a line of code up/down. After 2h search, I must give up and turn to linux mint gurus. How do I change/disable/remove it?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Beyond

Re: Disable workspace switcher

Post by Beyond »

Aha! Thanks for the reply. It seems that these shortcuts are not available under cinnamon, but they are under gnome.
So if anyone else is having similar issues:
  • 1. login with gnome
    2. change the shortcuts (Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts)
    3. log back in with cinnamon

Thanks for the help.
äxl

Post by äxl »

There are no applications for Keyboard Preferences (keyboard-properties) or Keyboard Shortcuts (keybinding-properties) in Cinnamon?

You could also look for settings via Configuration Editor (gconf-editor) or command line gconftool in path /apps/metacity/
For Compiz (Fusion?) look for /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/ or use CompizConfig Settings Manager - General - Commands

Maybe someone could also look what changes are done while in Gnome 3 with:

Code: Select all

dconf watch /
Beyond

Post by Beyond »

I have neither "keyboard-properties" nor "keybinding-properties". The way I managed to change the setting was via "gnome-control-center keyboard".
However, the interesting thing is that it has significantly less configurable shortcuts when I'm logged in with Cinnamon as opposed to Gnome.

Just to make sure we are on the same page. I have resolved the issue.
benwetherbee

Post by benwetherbee »

I'm sure the original poster has figured it out by now, but for those that are looking for help:

MENU>PREFERENCES>CINNAMON SETTINGS>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts
TOGGLE SCALE/EXPO is under CINNAMON and NOT Workspace Management (as I originally thought).

For those annoyed by the corner opening up Expo, you can turn it off under HOT CORNER.

Return to “LMDE Archive”