can't open files

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gezgin9

can't open files

Post by gezgin9 »

when i clicked to ''open containing folder'' (fireforx-downloads) or a short cut from avant window navigator it trys to open it by archive menager :twisted: and says doesnt support this.
how wii i fix that?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sunewbie

Re: can't open files

Post by sunewbie »

which version are you using MATE or Cinnamon and what is the version Mint 13 or Mint 14?

Each edition has different GUI called Desktop Environment (DE) and has different file manager (like windows explorer), you can change the default file manager and default programs if you have more than one app for same applications like gedit and leafpad (notepad like text editor)
gezgin9

Post by gezgin9 »

sunewbie wrote:which version are you using MATE or Cinnamon and what is the version Mint 13 or Mint 14?

Each edition has different GUI called Desktop Environment (DE) and has different file manager (like windows explorer), you can change the default file manager and default programs if you have more than one app for same applications like gedit and leafpad (notepad like text editor)
13,maya,GNOME 3.4.2
i checked preferred aplications and there were firefox,thunderbird,termin.
sunewbie

Post by sunewbie »

You need you to change default app for opening file to nautilus.

can you open nautilus or simply file manager? you can select open with option or change / add preferred application.

since I am not using Gnome3, I cannot guide you step-by-step

Return to “Beginner Questions”