Would You Like to See a "Mint-X Dark" Theme in Mint?

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests

Would you like to see a Linux Mint Dark Theme for Cinnamon?

Yes! I would like to see a Mint-X Dark theme and would likely use it.
87%
No. I am happy with the current theme selections.
13%

Total votes: 15

lsc9x

Would You Like to See a "Mint-X Dark" Theme in Mint?

Post by lsc9x »

Hi fellow Linux Mint users!

After going through all the visual settings in Linux Mint 14 with Cinnamon, I can't seem to find a way to get the window colors I want, which is essentially a dark grey version of Mint-X.

There is a legitmate reason to have one. Please a look at the attached screenshots! Not only are "dark" themes incredibly popular on the Internet (for Gnome etc.), these professional applications ALL use this new visual "format".

Why? The answer is simple: Dark themes hurt your eyes less, especially if you spend a lot of time each day working on the computer! Sitting in front of a bright monitor with bright grey or white really puts a lot of strain on the eyes which is one reason dark themes are really popular.

The question is: Would you really like to see a "Mint-X Dark" theme in future Mint versions and would you use it?

Thanks for your feedback!
sagirfahmid3

Re: Would You Like to See a "Mint-X Dark" Theme in Mint?

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

I love dark themes, I use NOX or Aurora-Midnight for GTK2 apps, and I think Adwaita for GTK3.
Orbmiser

Re: Would You Like to See a "Mint-X Dark" Theme in Mint?

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep being blue-eyed and seems more sensitive to light and prone to headaches when too much sun.

So whatever system or OS is always dark. And greasmonkey scripts to make my regular sites dark also.
Using delorean-dark-3.6

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”