Mint KDE

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mint KDE

Post by grimdestripador »

Well its good KDE is on top, cause now many of those KDE invested applications now work on windows as well, since KDE libraries them self have been ported. KDE's strong point is not straightforwardness. Gnome seems to have this, Ubuntu/mint uses gnome, but largly has KDE already installed. For example, on KDE to switch your monitor res, find somewere burried in the ever changing menu the icon to Control Center. You have to know that Monitor is under periferals. You have to know to click the little box to the left of periferials, not on periferials itself. My point being, KDE is nice to use, when you use it. Linux Mint for the Masses should be as straight forward. Now why I need Screens & Graphics, Screen Resolution, boggles my mind.

Pretty much all other major distro's use KDE as their default. Doing so, gave Ubuntu a unique (human) look. It seems like before ubuntu, all linux distro's were a plethera of vivid blue titlebars, black backgrounds with green text terminals. Althougth I prefer the green text terminals, I have taken recent stances against all things "computer blue".. .. .. with the small exception of Ubuntu studio blue, for some reason, Its very pleasant.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”