from nemo back to nautilus-scripts / lm14

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lutterworth

from nemo back to nautilus-scripts / lm14

Post by lutterworth »

maybe this is easy?

i installed lm 14 which looks very good (thanks!!!)

but i want to have nautilus back as my standard filemanager, just because i use the scripts so often (mac users envy me for these functions :-) )
but they do not work under nemo.

do i just uninstall nemo via synaptic and add nautilus?

thx!

lutter
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Re: from nemo back to nautilus-scripts / lm14

Post by twodogs »

I can use my Nautilus scripts under Nemo. I put my Nautilus scripts in /home/user/.gnome2/nemo-scripts and they work fine.

You can remove Nemo and install Nautilus in Synaptic. I had to reboot before the change would take effect though. I did this on a testing version of LM14 but I do prefer Nemo and that is what I use.
lutterworth

Re: from nemo back to nautilus-scripts / lm14

Post by lutterworth »

cool!

thanks so much - this works -
i have found this solution nowhere else, but here

cheers

lutter

Return to “Beginner Questions”