Where to post questions/issues about the forum itself?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jharris1993
Level 3
Level 3

Where to post questions/issues about the forum itself?

Post by jharris1993 »

Please accept my apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, I did look and could not find anything that looked appropriate.

Issue:

"You cannot post again so soon after posting" (or something like that)

Supporting Information:

1. I have been around the block at least twice, and yes, I do know where the "any" key is. :)

2. I am a fast reader, and likewise I am a fairly proficient typist.

3. I love to lurk fora like this, reading up on the interesting tips-and-tricks, and it's not uncommon for me to have either an answer for someone's question, or supporting information for a question that has not yet been answered.

So, there are times when I might appear to be posting rather rapidly, because I probably am. However, there seems to be some kind of forum limit that says you cannot post more often than every two minutes or so. In many cases that is fine, but there are some situations where it is extremely frustrating to have to keep hitting the "submit" button until the forum finally allows me the gracious privilege of actually posting something.

Is there something that can be done about this? It drives me absolutely NUTS!!! ( :smiley with steam coming out both ears: )

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Jim (JR)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jim "JR"

Some see things as they are, and ask "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why Not".

Robert F. Kennedy

“Impossible” is only found in the dictionary of a fool.
Old Chinese Proverb
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Where to post questions/issues about the forum itself?

Post by caf4926 »

I'll be interested to hear the answer to this, because I never had this happen here. But I can tell you that some forum software can be configured to limit or slow down posting, particularly of newly registered/low post count users. It's a anti-spam measure.
But see what the mods say...
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Where to post questions/issues about the forum itself?

Post by xenopeek »

Here would be a good place, so moving your topic. New users indeed have a mandatory waiting period between posts as an anti-spam measure. Once you have 25 posts the waiting period is dropped.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”