External hard drive display

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
emilemma

External hard drive display

Post by emilemma »

just installed mint 14 MATE and have the following problem...

upon signin my two external WD hard drives display msg saying that drive is already mounted and cannot be mounted again...
then the contents of the drives are displayed and I have to close the files b/4 doing anything ....

the same thing happens in Ubuntu 12.10 also...

is this a bug or am I doing something wrong....

do not have this problem in Ubuntu 12.04 or Mint 13...

many thanks for any help.... :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chiefjim
Level 6
Level 6

Re: External hard drive display

Post by chiefjim »

Try this:

Open Control Center, File Management, Media. Uncheck the box for the line Browse media when inserted.

Works when I have DVD's in the trays when booting up. Hopefully applies to your external hard drives.
Mint-21.0 Mate 64 bit / LMDE-5 64 bit
Gigabyte H370M D3H
Intel G3258
Crucial Ballistic Sport 32GB DDR4 2400
8TB HDD Seagate Baracuda 5400rpm
emilemma

Re: External hard drive display

Post by emilemma »

i tried that, but it does'nt work...must be something else...

thanks anyway... :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”