Hardware: QUADCORE I7 CPU used as EIGHT-CORE CPU

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rottger1911

Hardware: QUADCORE I7 CPU used as EIGHT-CORE CPU

Post by rottger1911 »

the i7 quad core cpu is identified, an as stated in sysmonitor also used as 8-core, cpu!

howto change it to the specified cores, as known in techsheet?

mfg ruediger

meesdorf.de
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Hardware: QUADCORE I7 CPU used as EIGHT-CORE CPU

Post by remoulder »

8 is correct, 4 actual + 4 virtual or hyperthreaded.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
rottger1911

Post by rottger1911 »

thank you.

howto get maximum performance, eG powersaving or such tricks off the cpus?

is it all builtin kernel or is there also a customization for eG performance, due to power and energy loss possible?
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I use AMD processors so this looks awesome to me! :D Everything looks good by the screenshot. Performance and power saving should be handled by the kernel. There are no spikes in system monitor, your processor is running nice and smooth. Enjoy the performance, you have a nice system! :D
rottger1911

Post by rottger1911 »

ok, thanks for the gift of hinting exploder, but

do you really think a system, that is just running for some seconds, after installation, without counter-efforts at all - is able to give YOU hint, of its running without problems?

isnt there a real benchmark more idead, because i think - this is only a very special system condition, eG at startup - without real calculation-performance at all... !

.ruediger

EDIT

i once had a selfconfigured MACBOOKAIR with 8GIG OF RAM! this was a mostly quick-calculation pocketcalculathor and a nice piece of hardware. i then got this mbpro - which has no performance at all... (sure the mbair had ssd, and this now hdd, but if i load into ram - there is no real performance seen anywhere...!)

Return to “Hardware Support”