[SOLVED] GPGV.... where is it?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
N2PY.net

[SOLVED] GPGV.... where is it?

Post by N2PY.net »

I downloaded a piece of software from the Mint repository using the software manager, and wanted to verify its GPG signature. I went to download GPG from the repository to do this, and was pleasantly surprised when it indicated that there was a tool installed already on my system that is a stripped down version of GPG that was optimized for checking software signatures (good job Clem!). I'm running Mint 14/Cinnamon/64 bit on a dell i5 laptop.

Problem is, I can't find this application (it's named gpgv). I searched for 10-15 minutes and finally decided to just un-install/re-install it. However, now when I try to use the software manager to re-install, I'm not able to. I can see the package listed in the repo, but when I try to select it, I get the spinning wheel icon and nothing else (5+ minutes).

Any ideas on getting this back on my system?

Thanks.

Brent
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: GPGV.... where is it?

Post by kyphi »

gpgv is a command line program. If you still have it installed, try

Code: Select all

locate gpgv
to learn how to use it try

man gpgv
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
N2PY.net

Re: GPGV.... where is it?

Post by N2PY.net »

thanks kyphi - I was able to locate it

brent@brent-laptop ~ $ locate gpgv
/usr/bin/gpgv2
/usr/share/man/man1/gpgv2.1.gz
I'm marking the tread solved - and thanks again.

Brent

Return to “Software & Applications”